American cookies are delicious, easy to make and a great option for children’s snacks. Chocolate and color are excellent attractants and make cookies more crunchy, tasty and nutritious. Adults also really enjoy these cookies.
- 3 cups (tea) of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 200 grams of butter (1 stick)
- 200 grams of white sugar
- 160 grams of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 300 grams of colored chocolate confetti
- In a bowl, mix the wheat flour with the bicarbonate. Reserve.
- In another bowl, add the melted butter and beat with a whisk until it becomes creamy.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar, salt and mix well.
- Add the eggs, essence and beat a little more to mix well.
- Add the reserved flour and mix well.
- Add the chocolate confetti to the dough and mix with your hands.
- Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove, shape into balls and place well apart from each other, in a large, ungreased baking dish.
- Flatten the balls slightly.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes. See Mother’s Tips below.
- Remove from the oven, remove from the pan and let them dry.
It is important to respect the oven time. The cookies will come out of the oven soft and after drying, they will have the ideal consistency.
If you prefer, you can also add available chocolate drops to the dough.
Yield will depend on the size you make the cookies.
See also the chocolate chip cookie recipe.