If there are any apples left in the fruit bowl; make a delicious apple jam!
- 2 kg of apples
- 600 grams of sugar
- Milk cream
- In a large saucepan, add 1 and ½ cups of sugar.
- Moisten with just enough water to wet the sugar.
- Place over very low heat, letting it melt until you get a caramel.
- When it is golden brown, spread this caramel over the entire surface of the casserole and let it cool.
- Peel and chop the apples, removing the seeds.
- Place in the pan with the caramel and add the rest of the sugar.
- Return to a simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
- Remove from the heat when the candy starts to brown and acquire a thick consistency.
Serve as a dessert accompanied by cream, creme anglaise or ice cream.
See also recipes for apple roses and apple cake with fiber
Approximate yield of 8 servings.