A typical Piedmontese dish that is excellent to be served on very cold nights. A delight that warms our bodies this winter. Try it!
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 and ½ cups of boiling chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- 5 anchovy fillets
- ¼ tablespoon white pepper
- Hot sauce drops
- Cucumber cut into strips
- Asparagus tip
- Zucchini cut into strips
- Raw mushroom slice
- Small tomato
- Radish cut into slices
- In a pan, add the butter and heat until it melts.
- Add the flour, garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the chicken broth, stirring constantly.
- Add the lemon juice and capers and remove from the heat.
- Separately, wash the anchovy fillets, chop them very finely and add them to the chicken broth mixture.
- Add the pepper, hot sauce and heat to cook slowly until ready to serve.
- Place the vegetables on a platter and serve the bagna cauda in a fondue pot.
- The ritual is the same as for all fondues; Just dip the vegetables in the sauce and enjoy.
You can also use cooked cauliflower in florets, diced celery, sliced peppers, cooked broccoli, etc.
Serve the dish accompanied by a good Malbec wine. You can also accompany it with Italian bread.
Also check out the chicken and vegetable risotto recipe.