How about a practical dinner for today? Check out this delicious recipe! Nowadays, practicality is a very important word. See also three other tasty suggestions in the recipe tips.
- 1 package of crustless bread
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 1 liter of hot milk
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 2 envelopes of powdered chicken broth
- 5 skinless and seedless tomatoes, chopped into cubes
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 300 grams of cooked ham
- 300 grams of sliced mozzarella cheese
- 50 grams of grated parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- In a pan, melt the margarine, add the flour and stir until the flour is lightly golden.
- Add the milk little by little, stirring constantly with a wire whisk to avoid lumps forming.
- Add the nutmeg and chicken broth.
- Stir well until you obtain a thick and homogeneous cream. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Season the tomatoes with salt, pepper and oregano. Reserve.
- Grease a baking dish, place a layer of bread.
- Cover with a layer of cream, one of ham, one of mozzarella and seasoned tomatoes.
- The last layer should be bread and cream.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake until browned.
Approximate yield of 10 servings.
See also the recipes for lasagna with noodles and two options for cod lasagna.