The smell of homemade cake baking in the oven is irresistible, isn’t it? Prepare for an afternoon snack! No one can resist a delicious caramelized banana cake!
- 4 excited
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (tea) sugar
- 1 cup (tea) of orange juice
- 3 cups (tea) of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of chemical baking powder
- 2 cups of sugar (tea)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 12 bananas in strips
- In a round shape measuring 30 cm in diameter, add the topping, sugar and margarine.
- Heat until caramel spreads throughout the pan. Reserve.
- Cut the peeled bananas in half, line the bottom of the caramelized mold and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Using a mixer, beat the egg whites, add the egg yolks, sugar, orange juice, flour and yeast, beating constantly.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, over the bananas and bake for approximately 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, run a knife around the pan (between the pan and the cake) and remove it immediately.
- Let it cool and serve.
Don’t worry if the caramel doesn’t perfectly cover the bottom of the pan. When baking the cake, the caramel will spread throughout the pan.
Approximate yield of 8 servings.
See also the recipe for creamy banana and chocolate cake.