How about a different strudel, with chestnuts for the end of year festivities? Try it! For those who love Portuguese chestnuts, you will love it! Humm… how delicious!
- 500 grams of cooked and shelled Portuguese chestnuts
- 300 grams of puff pastry
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 100 grams of chocolate in bars
- Flour for sprinkling
- Impalpable sugar
- Prepare a baking sheet by spraying it with water. Reserve.
- Crush the chestnuts with the help of a fork.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a table sprinkled with flour and make it very thin, almost transparent.
- Place it on top of a clean dish towel.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Spread the chestnuts over the dough.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces and spread them over the chestnuts.
- Wrap the dough with the help of the cloth, seal the ends well and place it on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes and lower the temperature to 180ºC and let it finish baking.
- Remove and let it cool a little.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
Give preference to puff pastry sold in rolls.
Serve the strudel with a scoop of lemon-flavored or cream-flavored ice cream.
See also the fruit and nut cake recipe.