A homemade cornmeal cake goes well at any time of year. Excellent for snack time with coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. Hmm… very tasty!
- 6 tablespoons of sugar.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 6 tablespoons of cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour
- ½ tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- Butter for greasing
- Wheat flour for sprinkling
- Grease a small rectangular baking dish with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Sift together the cornmeal, wheat flour and yeast. Reserve.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until you get a very smooth dough.
- Add the reserved sifted dry ingredients and continue beating.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, add the beaten egg yolks, coconut milk, egg whites and mix gently with a spoon.
- Pour the dough into the pan and bake for approximately 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the dough comes out clean.
- Get it out of the oven, let it cool down and unmold it.
- Cut in squares and serve.
Serve at snack time.
Approximate yield of 10 servings.