Are you having friends over for an evening snack? How about a savory and very tasty bread? Hmmm… with a cold drink it is very popular, especially among men. Be sure to check out the recipe tips.
- 2 cups (tea) of wheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup (tea) full of crackling
- 1 cup of milk (tea)
- Grease and flour a baking tray and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to medium temperature.
- In a bowl, sift the wheat flour with the salt and yeast.
- Add the butter and cracklings.
- Mix the dough with your hands until you get crumbs.
- Add the milk and knead lightly to make the dough consistent, being careful not to break up the cracklings.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead the bread for another five minutes.
- Shape the bread to taste and place it in the pan.
- Bake the bread until it is golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately, very hot.
Butter can be replaced with margarine.
You can vary the filling, replacing the cracklings with crumbled smoked sausage.
Yield of 1 unit.
See also the crackling recipe.