Crispy on the outside and creamy and soft on the inside! In 30 minutes you can prepare a delicious and irresistible specialty of French cuisine.
Also check out the recipe tips with other tasty suggestions.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup full of wheat flour, sifted
- 3 or 4 eggs
- 2 cups of mashed potatoes
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Oil for frying
- In a pan, boil ¼ liter of water with the butter and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Remove from heat and add the wheat flour all at once.
- Stir quickly until the dough is very smooth.
- Return to heat for about 5 minutes, or until a ball forms.
- Remove and add the eggs one by one, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the mashed potatoes, season with pepper, salt and nutmeg.
- Mix everything very well.
- In not too hot oil, fry in spoonfuls.
- Remove and let drain on paper towel.
- Serve immediately.
Excellent as an accompaniment to roasts.
Serve as a hot starter.
Approximate yield of 8 servings.
See: mashed potatoes and the recipe for stuffed potatoes.