Pies are ideal for any occasion, whether as a dessert for that special lunch or dinner, for afternoon coffee or simply to sweeten your day.
With this recipe you will make any occasion even tastier!
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- 200 grams of unsalted butter
- 2 packages of cornstarch biscuits
- 1 and ½ cans of cold cream (reserve the whey)
- ½ cup (tea) cocoa liqueur
- 1 glass of chopped cherries
- 1 cup (tea) ground walnuts
- 500 grams of semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 can of cream
- Fresh fruit
Whipped cream ingredients
- 500 ml fresh cream
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Vanilla essence drops
Whipped cream preparation method
- In a mixer, on low speed, beat all the ingredients
- As soon as the cream starts to thicken, add the essence and sugar little by little without stopping beating.
- When you notice that the cream is already firm; turn off the mixer. If you beat too much; turns into butter.
Cake Preparation Mode
- In a bowl, mix the liqueur and cream whey.
- Dip the cookies in this mixture and line the bottom of a 30 cm diameter pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie, add the cream, mix and let it cool.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Remove, mix the cream and, with part of this mixture, make a layer on top of the biscuit.
- Arrange a layer of cherries and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Cover with part of the melted chocolate.
- Repeat the process until you run out of ingredients.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Remove the pie from the refrigerator, unmold it and cover it completely with the whipped cream.
- Decorate with melted chocolate streaks and fresh fruit.
See also the coconut delight recipes and the sacher pie recipe.
Approximate yield of 10 servings.