How about a very tasty cream soup? Fish are highly nutritious and a delicious option for our meals. Check out the recipe tips where you’ll find other unmissable suggestions!
- 1 kg of chopped hake fillets
- 1 kg of various fish heads
- ½ liter of dry white wine
- 2 chopped carrots
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 chopped leek
- 1 branch of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Black peppercorns
- 6 excited
- 1 can of whey-free cream (optional)
- Clean the fish heads.
- In a large pan, place the fish heads and cover with a liter of cold water.
- Add the wine, carrots, onions, leeks, thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Cook over high heat until it starts to boil.
- Reduce the flame, letting it boil for 40 minutes.
- Strain the broth, passing through a fine sieve.
- Return to heat, add the fish fillets and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Mix the yolks with a little cold fish broth and gradually pour into the boiling broth, stirring constantly, until you obtain a thin cream.
- Remove and, if you prefer, add the cream, stirring gently.
Serve the soup as a hot starter accompanied by slices of bread fried with garlic in butter.
Approximate yield of 6 servings.
See also the recipes for creamed spinach soup and homemade soup.