There are many versions of this dish but here we opted for a simple and easy-to-make version. Goulash is nothing more than a nutritious and very tasty stew. Check out the recipe and try making it on cold days. The family will love it!
- 600 grams of well-cleaned muscle meat, cut into small cubes
- 1 shallow dish of wheat flour
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon of spicy paprika
- 1 tablet of meat broth
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 grated onion
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Season the meat with pepper, salt and paprika.
- Dip the meat cubes in flour.
- In a large pan, heat the butter.
- Add the meat and give it a quick fry.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Add a liter of water, cover the pan and let it cook.
- From time to time, check if you need to add more water.
- When the meat is soft, add the meat broth, another teaspoon of paprika, the carrots and potatoes.
- If necessary, add more water.
- Let it cook until the potatoes and carrots are cooked.
The meat broth tablet can be replaced with ½ cup of already prepared meat broth.
Serve goulash with white rice and green salad.
Approximate yield of 5 servings.
See also the Brazilian puchero recipe.