Video 1 of 2
Autumn is an ideal season to express your culinary creativity. And what could be more exciting than preparing fun dishes to dazzle your loved ones during the Halloween meal? We have selected a quick and easy recipe that will only delight your taste buds. Pumpkin-shaped gnocchi are a delicious and fun option to brighten up your holiday table. Find out now how to make them. If you are looking for more vegetable inspiration, find all our pumpkin recipes.
View this post on Instagram
For the pumpkin gnocchi:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large red potato, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1.5 teaspoons ground nutmeg (optional)
For the pumpkin sauce:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 5 to 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ¾ cup of milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup parmesan
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 teaspoons black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a pan of water and bring everything to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the flesh is easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water, and let cool to room temperature.
- Mash the potatoes using a potato masher.
- On a clean surface, mix the mashed potatoes with the flour, pumpkin puree and salt.
- Knead until you obtain a homogeneous and slightly sticky dough.
- If necessary, you can add flour or cooking water.
- Then shape a rectangle and cut strips into it. Form small balls to create the gnocchi.
- Using a knife, make small cuts to give them a pumpkin shape.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- When the pot of water boils, add the gnocchi and stir to prevent sticking. Boil until they float. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked gnocchi to a pan and fry for a few minutes.
- For the pumpkin sauce, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Then, add the onion. Cook it until translucent, then add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the milk, reserved cooking water, parmesan, salt, pumpkin puree and black pepper.
- Let it cook for a few minutes, it’s ready. All you have to do is place the pumpkin gnocchi in the sauce and serve.
Conquered by this trompe-l’oeil preparation? Also let yourself be tempted by all our savory and sweet recipes to complete your festive meal. You can also find all the easy and scary Halloween recipes on our dedicated page.