The recipe for pork shank in wine is a success here on the site. For a change, try this ham recipe with mint sauce. Both are delicious! Your Christmas will be a success!
- 1 pork shank (approximately 3 kg)
- 2 cups dry white wine
- ½ cup mint (chopped)
- ½ cup olive oil (tea)
- 1 cup of water (tea)
- Black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 2 cups provolone cheese (diced)
- 1 cup bacon (diced)
- 1 cup pitted green olives (chopped)
- ½ cup water (tea)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mint (chopped)
- In a roasting pan, place the shank and season with the wine, mint, olive oil, water, pepper and salt.
- Cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven.
- Remove the shank from the seasoning and, with a knife, make holes all over the meat.
- Stuff the holes with the provolone, olives and bacon.
- Drizzle with half the seasoning, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove the paper and bake for another 1 hour or until golden.
- In a pan, over low heat, place all the ingredients for the sauce and let it reduce until it forms a sauce.
- Place the shank on a platter, drizzle with the sauce or serve separately.
If you prefer, decorate the shank with carnations or mint twigs.
Approximate yield of 12 servings.
See also pork shank in wine.