Try this very tasty French dessert in a new version. Here on the site there is the traditional version. Also check out another delicious suggestion in the recipe tips.
- 3 cups of cream (fresh milk)
- 7 tablespoons icing sugar
- 6 beaten egg yolks
- Juice of 2 Sicilian lemons
- 2 tablespoons Sicilian lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- In a pan, put the cream of milk and sugar.
- Take it to the fire always stirring with a fouet.
- Add a little of this cream to a bowl along with the previously beaten egg yolks.
- Return everything to the pan, add the lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and mix to prevent curdling.
- Pass everything through a sieve and distribute in four refractory pots.
- Place in a preheated medium oven in a bain-marie for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the edges are firm and the center is soft.
- Once cooled, refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- After that period, sprinkle with icing sugar and burn with the culinary torch or take it back to the oven until blushing.
Thin layer of caramel syrup, you can replace the icing sugar in the decoration of the cream.
Decorate the cream with thin ribbons of Sicilian lemon peel.
See also recipe for cream cones.