A good time cannot be missed at a special event. Refined and elegant, this sweet ends your party with a flourish. Check out the recipe, tips and other successful suggestions.
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (tea) sugar
- ¾ cup (tea) sifted wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 cans of condensed milk
- Sifted caster sugar for sprinkling
- ½ cup of warm water
- 1 cup (tea) icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon of powdered citric acid
Dough Preparation Method
- Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to medium temperature.
- Draw 5 cm circles on the paper. Reserve
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, mix and set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stop beating and add the wheat flour and yeast twice.
- Mix with a whisk, moving from top to bottom. Don’t wait too long so the dough doesn’t sink and becomes too soft.
- Place in a pastry bag with a 1 cm pearl tip.
- Pour the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, always with the same amount of dough in each circle.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Don’t let the dough brown on top so it doesn’t turn into cookies. Reserve.
Filling preparation method
- Cans cannot have a paper label.
- Place the closed cans of condensed milk in a pressure cooker.
- Pour water until it covers the can and close the pan.
- Then put it on high heat and count 30 minutes after it starts to “sizzle”.
- Turn off the heat and only when the pan is no longer under pressure, open the pan.
- Using a thermal glove, remove the cans and let them cool completely. NEVER open the can while it is hot; let the can cool completely.
Syrup Preparation Method
- In a bowl, mix the water with the sugar and brush the dough discs lightly.
- Sprinkle with sugar, pass through a fine sieve and leave to dry for an hour.
- Fill half of the discs with dulce de leche and cover with the other disc.
- Place on racks and let dry for 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with sugar and wrap with cellophane, paper and ribbon.
On birthdays, the well-married sweet is given the name of well-lived.
Approximate yield of 24 units.
Also check out the mini cakes recipe.