You will enjoy this vegetarian dish. A richly filled pasta that is delicious! Try it!
- 1 package of luaconi pasta
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 250 grams of fresh ricotta
- Black pepper to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 400 ml of milk
- ½ Onion
- 1 clove of Garlic
- Cook the pasta in plenty of lightly salted water.
- When the pasta is “al dente”, remove and drain well.
- Pour some cold water over the dough to stop the cooking.
- Drain excess water and set aside.
Filling preparation method
- Cook the spinach for approximately 5 to 8 minutes before chopping it and mixing it into the ricotta.
- Drain the water well from the spinach and chop it very finely.
- In a bowl, mix the spinach with the crumbled ricotta.
- Season to taste with pepper, salt and walnuts. Reserve.
- In a small pan, brown the onion a little in the butter.
- Add 1 and a half tablespoons of wheat flour and stir well to avoid lumps.
- Add the milk and stir continuously until it thickens. Season and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and fill each lumaconi with the spinach and ricotta filling.
- Place the shells in a refractory and pour over the white sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and place in the oven to brown.
If you prefer, replace the ricotta with diced pears cooked in dry white wine.
Yields 6 servings.
See also the recipes for spinach gnocchi and omelet with ricotta and spinach.