How about a special side dish to enhance meat or poultry? Innovate! Check out the recipe tips where you’ll find another unmissable suggestion!
- 1 kg of mangoes (see mom’s tips)
- 4 and ½ cups (tea) brown sugar
- 3 cups of raisins
- 2 cups of vinegar
- 2 chopped lemons
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- Prepare jars for canning by sanitizing and sterilizing them.
- In a pan, place the mango, sugar, raisins, vinegar, lemon, garlic, salt, ginger and mix.
- Bring to a boil and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cook for approximately 1 to 1 ½ hours. until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove and pour into the prepared glasses, leaving a free space of 1 and ½ cm on the surface.
- Close hermetically and heat again in a bain-marie for 10 minutes.
The mangoes should be slightly ripe and very firm, peeled and cut into pieces.
You can replace brown sugar with regular sugar.
About 3 liters.
Serve as a side dish for meat or poultry.
See also the recipe for mango and pepper compote.