Tasty and healthy couscous recipe should be part of your menu. Try it! Always pay attention to the recipe tips. Good meal!
- 1 and ½ cups of Moroccan couscous
- 1 and ¾ cups of vegetable broth
- 4 tomatoes cut into thick strips
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilli
- Mint leaves to decorate
- Arugula leaves to accompany
- Place the couscous in a bowl to soak with the boiling vegetable broth.
- In a frying pan, heat a little olive oil and lightly fry the tomatoes, seasoning with pepper and salt. Reserve.
- In another frying pan, quickly brown the onion in the oil.
- Add the capers, lemon zest, almonds and cook everything for a few minutes.
- Add the couscous and green chillies to the stew, mixing well and leave on the heat until the couscous is hot.
- Place on a platter, distribute the fried tomato over the couscous and decorate with mint.
- Serve with arugula leaves.
Moroccan couscous is a pasta made from semolina, it can also be found under the name semolina in grains, it is perfect for replacing rice or quinoa in meals and does not require much cooking, as the preparation is just the hydration of these dry grains. .
Also check out the recipe for special tomatoes.
You can find Moroccan couscous in good supermarkets.
Approximate yield of 6 servings.