How about an elegant, quick and easy-to-make dessert for a special occasion?
You will be amazed at the taste and compliments. Try it!
- 4 medium pears
- 2 tablespoons light white wine
- 1/2 cup (tea) of water
- 50 grams semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons skimmed milk
- sweetener to taste
- Peel the pears without removing the stems.
- Rub them with the lemon so they don’t darken.
- With a small knife, remove the core from the fruit at the base, without opening it.
- In a pan, place the pears, wine and water.
- Cover and let cook until soft.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the milk in a bain-marie.
- Remove the pears from the pan and sweeten to taste.
- Place pears on serving platter.
- Mix the cooking broth with the chocolate.
- Pour the broth over the pears.
- Serve hot or cold.
If you prefer, you can serve the pears with cream ice cream.
See also chocolate, cream and praline verrine.