Simple homemade cakes are children’s favorites. Be sure to check out the recipe tips for other unmissable suggestions. Enjoy!
- 4 egg whites
- 4 excited
- 3 cups of sugar (tea)
- 3 cups of wheat flour
- 1 cup lemon juice (tea)
- 1 tablespoon of chemical baking powder
- Grease and flour a mold of your choice or a 35 cm x 25 cm baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to medium temperature.
- In electric mixer, beat the egg whites.
- Add the sugar and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add the egg yolks, flour and juice.
- Mix until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add the yeast and beat for another 1 minute on low speed.
- Pour the dough into the pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove and when warm, turn out onto a cake plate.
- Sprinkle the cake with sifted icing sugar.
Persian lime is a low acidity citrus fruit, classified within the sweet limes.
You can find Persian lime in open-air markets or at the Municipal Market in your city.
Suggestion: the cake made in the pan, if you prefer, can have frosting. Just mix well a can of condensed milk with half a can of lemon juice and half a can of lemon juice. Use the empty condensed milk can to measure the juices. Sprinkle with lemon zest on top.
Approximate yield of 15 servings.
See also the recipes for beetroot cake and avocado cake and also for orange cake