Video 1 of 2
With its sweetness and sweetness, vanilla stands out as a safe bet, super comforting. This flavor, known to all, often takes us back to childhood. If vanilla cakes are a real indulgence for many gourmands, today we opt for a lighter and refreshing recipe ideal for summer: vanilla cream.
If you want to try the pastry chef’s recipe, don’t worry, if the preparation takes time, there is nothing complicated.
To make this vanilla cream, you will need the following ingredients:
- 125 g of 35% liquid cream
- 125 g semi-skimmed milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 20 g caster sugar
- 3,5 gr de pectineNH
- 30 g of egg yolks
- 0.5 gr of fleur de sel
- Start by heating the cream and milk, infusing the vanilla seed mixture for 15 minutes, covered.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks with half the caster sugar.
- Pour a third of the hot liquids over the mixture and put everything on the fire. Then add the other half of the sugar and NH pectin and add this mixture to the preparation.
- Bring everything to a boil and remove from the heat, whisking constantly to remove the bubbles.
- Mix and add the fleur de sel. Then, pour everything into ramekins and leave to set in the fridge for 2 hours.
You can choose to caramelize the top of your creams. To do this, sprinkle them with a little brown sugar. Then remove the excess. First pass the torch. Add a second layer of sugar and pass the blowtorch a second time.
It’s ready, all you have to do is taste it.