For an evening snack, with a cold drink, how about enjoying a very easy-to-make bar snack? Try it!!
- 250 grams of wheat flour
- 1 and ½ tablespoon of sugar
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- 15 grams of fresh organic yeast
- 1 cup (tea) of warm water
- 200 grams of chopped ham
- 200 grams of grated mozzarella cheese
- 100 ml tomato sauce
- Oregano to taste
- Grease and flour a large baking dish and set aside.
- In a bowl place the flour, sugar and salt.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Separately, dissolve the yeast in warm water and add it to the flour mixture.
- Mix until you obtain a homogeneous mass.
- On a surface sprinkled with flour, place the dough and knead until it is smooth and elastic.
- Let it rise in a bowl greased with oil, covered with a cloth or plastic bag until it doubles in volume.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Return the dough to the surface, roll it out with a rolling pin until you obtain a rectangle measuring approximately 30 x 40 cm and spread the tomato sauce over the dough.
- In a bowl, mix the ham, mozzarella, oregano and distribute over the dough.
- Roll up like a roulade and to glue the end of the dough, brush with a beaten egg and stick the ends together.
- Cut slices 2 cm thick each.
- Distribute the slices on the baking sheet and let them rise for another 20 minutes.
- Bake, now in a low oven, for approximately 35 minutes or until golden.
The amount of water in ml is 130.
Pizzas should be baked in a low oven so they don’t burn.
Yield of 12 units.
See also the recipe for gluten-free pizza from Italy.