How about a soft, moist, cold and delicious cake? Check out the recipe and see how easy it is to make. In the recipe tips, you will find another recipe and another delicious suggestion. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of sugar (tea)
- 4 excited
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons of powdered milk
- 1 cup (tea) of warm water
- 2 cups (tea) of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
Filling and Covering Ingredients
- 12 tablespoons of powdered milk
- 200 grams of unsalted butter
- 1 can of condensed milk
- ½ can of cold cream
- Coarsely grated coconut
- Cherry (optional)
Dough Preparation Method
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Beat the egg whites and set aside.
- Using a mixer, sift the egg yolks, add the sugar and beat on low speed until light and creamy.
- In warm water, mix the powdered milk until it dissolves well.
- Add the milk to the egg yolk cream, alternating with the wheat flour.
- Turn off the mixer, add the yeast, the egg whites and mix gently with a spoon until well combined.
- Place the dough in the pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until golden.
Method of Preparation Filling and Covering
- In a mixer, beat the powdered milk and butter at low speed.
- Add the condensed milk little by little and continue beating until creamy.
- Lastly, add the cream and mix well.
- Place in the fridge while the cake bakes.
- Once the cake has cooled, cut it in half.
- Moisten the cake with your favorite syrup or basic syrup.
- Spread the filling, place the other part of the cake on top and cover with the rest of the cream.
- Sprinkle the entire cake with grated coconut.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Basic syrup: 2 cups of water; 1 cup of sugar; 1 bunch of cinnamon, about 2 cloves.
Stir and bring to a boil. Turn off and let cool. Then strain and flavor. It can be with Rum, or another drink of your choice, or just the syrup.
You can reduce the amount of cinnamon and cloves for a much smoother syrup.
See also the passion fruit ice cream cake recipe.