This recipe is really tasty! Learn how to make delicious quail in cognac sauce. A different dish cannot be missing to enrich your menu. It’s a special touch on your table.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 200 grams of chopped fatty ham
- 6 cleaned quails
- 2 medium onions chopped
- ½ glass of brandy
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 3 slices of sliced bread
- Tie the quails one by one with string, or secure the wings and legs with toothpicks. Reserve.
- In a pan, place the ham and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bring to a boil and let it brown without darkening.
- Remove only the ham and set aside.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of butter to what was left in the pan.
- Place over a strong heat, brown the quails with the onion, turning them on all sides so they fry evenly.
- Then add the brandy and remove from the heat.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes to taste.
- Season with pepper, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the fried ham, thyme and return to a very low heat.
- Let it cook until the quails are very tender.
- Cut the bread slices into four and fry in the remaining butter.
- Garnish the quail with the fried pieces of bread.
Serve as a main dish.
Yields 6 servings.
Also check out the cognac cutlet recipe.