Roasted eggplant, with a touch of Parmesan cheese, is a quick option for your meal. It is easy to prepare and pleasant with its flavor.
Be sure to check out the special tips for this recipe.
- 1 cup (tea) breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, peeled and cut into 1 cm slices.
- ½ cup melted butter
- Butter for greasing
- 1 sachet of tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Grease a 37.5 cm x 25 cm x 2.5 cm baking dish. Reserve.
- In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the garlic salt and oregano.
- Dip each eggplant slice in the melted butter and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Arrange the slices on the baking sheet.
- Spread tomato sauce over each eggplant slice.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake until they are very soft, for approximately 30 minutes.
Preferably use original breadcrumbs and not industrialized breadcrumbs.
Also prefer to use freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Approximate yield of 6 servings
See also the recipe for eggplant in the oven or on the grill.