Video 1 of 2
Are you looking for a comforting dish to end the weekend in style? Let yourself be tempted by this mouth-watering recipe for oven-roasted sweet potatoes with feta and red onions. Economical, delicious and balanced, this easy dish can be prepared in just 10 minutes. Sweet potatoes, baked in the oven, offer a sweet treat, while feta brings a creamy, savory note, complemented by the lively freshness of red onion and parsley.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 300 g of feta
- 1 red onion
- A few sprigs of fresh parsley
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Brush the sweet potatoes under cold water. Cut them in half lengthwise. Make cross cuts in the flesh with a sharp knife. Place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the sweet potato halves for about 45 minutes, until tender. Check the cooking by inserting the tip of a knife into the flesh.
- While cooking, peel the red onion and slice it thinly. Chop the parsley.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle the sweet potatoes with lemon juice and olive oil. Roughly crumble the feta and place it generously on the sweet potatoes. Add the red onion slices. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and pepper to taste.
No need to add salt, as feta is already naturally salty.
To add a touch of acidity that will balance the dish, you can make express pickles with red onion. In a saucepan, boil 50 ml of white vinegar with a teaspoon of caster sugar and 30 ml of water. When the mixture is boiling, add the chopped red onion and turn off the heat. Leave to marinate while the sweet potatoes cook.