Do you want to impress at coffee time with your friends? Serve this delicious almond cake. If you prefer to serve as dessert, accompany with chocolate sauce or vanilla ice cream. They will love!
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup butter (tea)
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup wheat flour (tea)
- 1 and ½ cup toasted and ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons slivered almonds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C.
- Grease a 20 cm diameter mold with butter.
- In a mixer, beat the egg whites until they form peaks. Reserve.
- In another bowl, in a mixer, beat the butter with ¾ cup (tea) of sugar until you get a light cream.
- Add the yolks one at a time, and continue beating.
- Gradually add the wheat flour, ground almonds and baking powder.
- Turn off the mixer, add the whipped egg whites and mix gently.
- Place the dough in the tin and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes or until lightly golden and, inserting a skewer into the center of the cake, comes out clean.
- Develop, wait to cool down and sift the rest of the sugar over the cake.
- Decorate with slivered almonds and serve.
Check how the quantities are in grams: ¾ cup of butter = 150 grams, ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon (soup) of sugar = 150 grams, 1 cup of wheat flour = 120 grams, 1 and ½ cup of toasted almonds and ground = 300 grams.
If you prefer, decorate the cake with iced sugar which is a type of sugar that stays on the cake without melting.
Approximate yield of 10 slices.
See also another almond cake option.