An excellent dish for a special occasion, where you will receive countless compliments, making it a huge success. What about? Check out the recipe tips where you will find another delicious suggestion!
- 35 very large shrimp, cleaned
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 bouquets of sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups (tea) of wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 egg whites
- Oil for frying
- Sift the flour into a bowl and set aside.
- Season the shrimp with pepper and salt.
- In a wide-bottomed pan, or frying pan with a lid, place the prawns, bay leaves and lemon juice.
- Place the parsley sprigs on top and heat for approximately 15 minutes, letting it cook in its own juice.
- Remove and drain.
- Place on paper towel to dry.
- Add about a cup of cold water over the wheat flour to dissolve.
- Add salt, olive oil and, finally, the egg whites.
- Mix with movements from bottom to top.
- Dip the shrimp one by one in this batter, covering them well.
- Fry in hot oil, placing 3 to 5 shrimp at a time in the pan or frying pan.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
Serve as a first course.
Serve the shrimp with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
Approximate yield of 6 servings.
See also the shrimp stroganoff recipe.