This is a very tasty and healthy recipe! I’m sure you will enjoy this soy burger. Don’t forget to check out the recipe tips and unmissable suggestions!
- 2 cups of granulated textured soy protein
- 1 cup of fine rolled oats
- 5 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, squeezed
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- Salt to taste
- Hydrate soy protein.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients.
- Shape the burgers.
- Dip them in wholemeal flour.
- In a greased non-stick frying pan, fry the burgers.
Hydrating soy protein: Cover the soy with hot water and add juice from ½ lemon. Leave it to act for 30 minutes or until it becomes soft. Drain the soy using a colander or sieve. Remove the remaining water by squeezing it with your hand. It should leave it slightly damp.
Whole wheat flour can be replaced with breadcrumbs.
Burgers can also be baked instead of fried.
Approximate yield of 10 servings.
See also vegetable burger.