No, it’s not a simple cabbage or a simple cabbage cigar. It is a special and very tasty stuffed cabbage. Try it!
Don’t forget to check out the recipe tips where you’ll find other tasty suggestions!
- 6 cabbage leaves
- ½ kg of ground beef
- ¼ cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 clove of finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup of raw rice
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped parsley
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup coarsely grated semi-ripened cheese
- 1 lemon sauce recipe (optional)
Lemon Sauce Ingredients
- 1 level tablespoon of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
How to prepare lemon sauce
- Heat a pan with the flour and butter.
- Without stopping stirring, let it fry until golden.
- Gradually add the chicken broth and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice and blend until smooth.
Cabbage Preparation Method
- Water the cabbage leaves with boiling water. Reserve.
- In a pan, place the ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the meat is slightly golden. Drain.
- Mix the rice, parsley, pepper, salt, lemon juice, cinnamon, oregano and 1 and ½ cups of water and cheese.
- Add the mixture to the meat, heat until it boils and reduce the heat.
- Cover and let cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Separately, dry the reserved cabbage leaves and sprinkle with salt.
- Place filling on each cabbage leaf.
- Roll up and close the ends, securing with toothpicks.
- Place the cabbage rolls in an ungreased baking dish.
- On top, pour 1 cup of water
- Cover and place in the oven to bake for approximately 30 minutes. Drain.
- Pour the lemon sauce over the cabbage leaves.
- Decorate with parsley and serve hot.
Serve as a main dish.
Accompany with white rice.
Approximate yield of 6 servings.
See also the recipe with two special cabbage salad options.