How about a sweet snack? Pure or accompanied with melted dark chocolate it is irresistible!!
- Peel of 6 oranges, cut into thin strips
- 1 kg of refined sugar
- ½ liter of water
- Sugar for sprinkling
- In a pan, place the orange peels to cook in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Remove, drain and cook again in another hot, clean water for another 10 minutes.
- While cooking, you can prepare the syrup by placing the sugar with half a liter of water in another pan.
- Mix to dissolve the sugar and keep on moderate heat until it reduces and forms a thin syrup.
- After the shells are cooked, wash them under cold running water, drain and cook in the syrup for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove them from the heat and drain them in a colander, keeping it at room temperature for approximately 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with sugar and let dry for at least 5 hours.
Oranges with very yellow skin will provide a yellowish sweet.
The process of boiling the peels is very important to remove the bitter taste from them.