With lots of flavors and refreshing, in thirty minutes you can prepare this typical Lebanese dish that is already very popular among Brazilians. Delicious as a salad, side dish or appetizer, it cannot be missing from your menu!
- 1 cup wheat (tea) for kibbeh
- 3 cups (tea) of boiling water
- 5 large lettuce leaves, cleaned
- 3 firm seedless tomatoes, chopped
- 2 chopped Japanese cucumbers
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped mint
- 1/3 cup (tea) olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Chop the lettuce into strips and set aside.
- Place the wheat in a colander and wash well, rinsing several times.
- Drain, add boiling water and leave to rest for 2 hours.
- Drain the excess water, squeezing the wheat well.
- Place the wheat in a large bowl.
- Add the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, juice, parsley, mint, olive oil and salt.
- Mix everything and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove, transfer to a refractory and serve.
If you prefer, you can make the tabbouleh with already cooked white quinoa replacing the wheat for kibbeh.
Serve as a starter, as a side dish or as an appetizer.
Approximate yield of 6 servings
Also check out salad dressing recipes.