Video 1 of 2
The broth is ideal for enhancing your sauces or even your dishes such as risottos or soups. But you can also eat it plain by adding some vermicelli, for a very comforting meal. Recently, we shared with you the recipe for homemade vegetable broth from chef Philippe Etchebest, an ideal recipe for giving a second life to your slightly wilted vegetables. Today, we reveal to you the recipe for Diego Alary’s homemade chicken broth, just to vary the pleasures. The former Top Chef candidate shared this particularly rich in flavor broth on Instagram.
View this post on Instagram
For the recipe, the chef uses chicken carcasses with the flesh still raw on them but you can use the carcasses of your roast chicken from the day before.
You will therefore need:
- 2 poultry carcasses + 2 wings
- 1 pinch of salt
- freshly ground pepper
For the aromatic garnish:
- ½ leek cut into large slices
- 1 carrot cut into 4
- 2 stalks of celery, cut into slices
- 2 button mushrooms cut into 4
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
Hardware sideremember to bring a large saucepan, a sieve or strainer, a spider and a large salad bowl
- Start by placing the poultry carcasses and wings in the pan before moistening with cold water. Add salt and pepper.
- Then heat until the water begins to simmer. Then, skim off the residue that forms on the surface using a spider.
- Add all the ingredients for the aromatic garnish. Leave to simmer over low heat for 2 hours so that the broth concentrates in flavor.
- Pass it through a sieve.
And it’s ready!
To keep it longer, you can freeze it in an ice cube tray and use it daily for your recipes.