Veal is a valuable source of nutrients, it is tender, lean, delicious and easily digestible.
- 1 and ½ kg of veal in pieces
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 chopped onions
- 4 peeled and seedless tomatoes, chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups of dry white wine
- 200 grams of fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- Pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a pan, heat the oil, add the meat and sauté until golden.
- Add the garlic, onion and tomatoes.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Add the white wine, mushrooms and tomato puree.
- Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 50 minutes.
- Add the olives, parsley and mix well.
- Serve it hot.
Veal is the term for the meat of calves.
It is a much appreciated meat because it is tender, light and soft.
Yields 6 servings.
Serve as a first course.
See also the recipe for ossobuco with wine.