The successful cake, due to its cuteness and flavor, is especially loved by children. They love helping to make it and especially afterwards to taste it.
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 3 cups of sugar (tea)
- 1 glass of coconut milk
- 1 glass of milk
- 4 cups (tea) of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons of chocolate powder
- Grease and flour a 30 cm round baking dish. Reserve.
- In the mixer, place the eggs, sugar and margarine.
- Beat until you get a fluffy, whitish cream.
- Add the coconut milk, milk, flour, yeast and beat again until homogenized.
- Divide the dough into two parts.
- In one of the parts, add the chocolate dissolved in a little milk and mix well.
- In the other part, add the vanilla and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Place a small shell of white dough in the center of the pan.
- On top and in the center of the white dough, place a shell of black dough.
- Continue like this successively, always adding dough to dough, until you run out of dough.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes.
For the cake to have clearly visible stripes, use 50% cocoa chocolate powder for the dark dough.
If you prefer, cover the cake with chocolate syrup. In a pan, place 5 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of chocolate milk, 1 tablespoon of unsalted margarine and 5 tablespoons of milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until almost thicken. Remove and cover the cake.
See also the recipes for creamy banana and chocolate cake and the recipe for Easter bunny cake
Zebra cake yield is approximately 15 servings.