Video 1 of 2
Julie Andrieu always gives good advice. After giving us his tip for cooking perfect pasta or sharing his favorite version of lasagna, the culinary host reveals a recipe to us today “fresh and simple as pie” made from cucumber. To be enjoyed in peak season until the end of October, it is cooked here as appetizers. To be enjoyed endlessly!
View this post on Instagram
For the beet puree
- Peel and finely cut the onion. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil and melt the onion for 10 minutes. Remove the skin from the beets and cut them into pieces. Chop them in a food processor (or grate them whole). Arrange them in the pan. Place parchment paper as a lid and leave to marinate for 30 minutes. The preparation must be dry. Mix by adding the spring onions, the rest of the oil, the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate in a piping bag.
- Clean and peel off a strip of skin from every other cucumber. Cut them into 1.5 cm thick sections.
- In a saucepan, pour 1 liter of water, vinegar, salt, sugar, fennel and bring to the boil.
- Throw in the cucumbers, let boil for 5 minutes, turn off the heat and let the cucumbers cool in their cooking liquid.
- Drain the cucumbers on a cloth, hollow them out with a knife and garnish them with rillettes.
- Decorate everything with a few sprigs of chives, matchsticks of green apples or pieces of semi-dry goat cheese.