Check out three delicious options with eggplant! I guarantee that even those who don’t like the vegetable much will love it! Try it!
- 2 small eggplants, cut into slices
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup of milk (tea)
- 1 cup cornmeal (tea)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Grease and flour a baking tray and set aside.
- Rub a little salt on each eggplant slice.
- Place in a colander to drain, then rinse under running water.
- Dry with paper towel.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Mix the eggs with the milk and season with salt. Reserve.
- Season the eggplant slices with pepper, salt and olive oil.
- Dip them in the cornmeal, in the egg mixture and again in the cornmeal.
- Place the eggplant slices on the baking tray, leaving space between them.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, turning them after the first fifteen minutes.
- Remove and serve.
Item two of the preparation method is necessary to remove the bitterness from the eggplant.
In item six of the preparation method, you can add finely chopped green scent.
It is important that you cut the eggplants into slices of the same thickness. Also, the oven must be well heated.
If you prefer, replace the cornmeal with a mixture of 1½ cups of breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. Season this mixture with black pepper, salt and oregano or fine herbs.
See also the recipes for eggplant in the oven or on the grill and the recipe for eggplant parmigiana.