Video 1 of 2
With the beautiful days, it is necessary to prepare its skin with the exposure to the sun. While protecting yourself is key, there’s nothing better for your skin than refueling with carotene. For this purpose, the carrot is ideal. This is good since Norbert Tarayre has the ideal recipe: a carrot salad filled with flavors. Here’s how to do it.
This preparation full of freshness and flavor is very easy to make. It will become a must-have for the summer season. “You eat carrots before going out in the sun, you will have protected skin,” says the chef while preparing the recipe. The beautiful golden tan is yours. Thanks Norbert. We show you how to make this recipe at home.
For the ingredients, you will need:
- Orange Carrots: 4
- Yellow Carrots: 4
- Orange : 1 piece
- Grenade : 1 cac
- Cumin : 2gr
- Honey : 30gr
- Coriander: 1 bunch
- Sour cream
- Harissa: 4gr or 2gr according to your tastes
- Skyr: 125gr
- Huile Olive : 50gr
- Thym : 1 cac
For the pesto you will need:
- carrot tops
- pistachio: 100 g
- Start by peeling your carrots, keeping them whole. Rinse them and cut them in half lengthwise.
- In two different sauté pans, boil water and infuse cumin seeds. In one of them, dip the orange carrots, and in the other the yellow carrots.
- Also wash the tops. Cut them in half and immerse them in a pot of boiling water with a little salt for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your sour cream. Put some harissa, skyr and chopped coriander in a bowl. A little tip: you can add a little carrot cooking water to this sauce to loosen it up. Then add olive oil and salt.
- Cut your pomegranate to extract the seeds that you will put in a bowl of water.
- In a blender, add the pistachios and cooked tops. It is important to cool them with cold water and even ice cubes to stop the cooking. Mix and add water to loosen the preparation.
- Then take an orange and remove the skin. Cut it into slices for the salad.
- Add thyme to the carrot cooking water, a little smoked pepper and honey.
- Once the carrots are cooked, turn off the heat and move on to dressing.
- On a plate, start by putting the leaf pesto, sour sauce, carrots, orange slices, pomegranates. Reduce the cooking water of the carrots to make a caramel that you will coat on the salad.
All that’s left is to taste!