How about a hearty and very nutritious broth to enjoy and warm your body on very cold days? W
- 2 cups of black beans
- 5 cups (tea) of water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 beef broth cube
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 1 slice of chopped pepperoni sausage
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ seedless chili pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of cachaça
- ½ cup chopped green chilli
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Place the beans in a pressure cooker with the bay leaves, cover with water and cover the pan.
- Cook for 25 minutes, over medium heat, after the pressure has started.
- Turn off, let the pressure release naturally and then open the pan.
- Let it cool and then blend it in a blender with the meat broth until it forms a cream. Reserve.
- In a pan, over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Fry the pepperoni, onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the pepper, cachaça and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the beaten beans, the green chilli, season with pepper, salt and cook until it boils.
- Transfer to a soup bowl and serve.
If you prefer, you can add two cups of cooked and shredded ham to the soup.
If you like it, accompany the soup with fried cracklings.
Approximate yield of 6 servings.
See also white bean stew.