How delightful!! A special recipe to give as a gift or sell. Adults and children love cookies and being homemade they have everyone’s approval. Check out the recipe tips and enjoy!
- 1 cup (tea) butter
- 1 ovo
- 1 cup (tea) icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of panettone essence
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 and ½ cups (tea) of wheat flour
- ½ cup of candied fruit
- Prepare a large baking tray by lining it with parchment paper. Reserve.
- In a bowl, beat the butter with a spatula until it has a smooth texture.
- Add the egg, sugar, essence and salt, mixing well.
- Add the flour and stir until you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the fruits and mix some more.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough on a floured surface until it is 3 mm thick.
- Preheat the oven to medium temperature.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into Christmas shapes and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until set.
- Cookies should not brown.
- Let cool.
The butter should be at room temperature.
Try to use very small candied fruits.
Once cool, the biscuits can be wrapped in bags and tied with ribbons.
Another option, you can decorate the cookies to your liking using royal icing.
Approximate yield of 40 units.
See also another version of the biscuit recipe and the Christmas cookies recipe.