You will be surprised by this recipe. With moist and soft dough, this cassava cake is not only nutritious but also delicious! It’s super easy to do. Check out the recipe, tips and suggestions here.
- 1 kg of raw cassava
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup (tea) butter
- 1 cup coconut milk (tea)
- 3 beaten eggs
- Sugar to taste
- Cinnamon powder mixed with sugar
- Grease a small mold of your choice or one with a hole in the middle and sprinkle it with wheat flour.
- Grate or blend the cassava in a blender.
- Place the cassava in a bowl, add boiling water, mix and pass through a coarse sieve.
- In this sifted cassava, add the butter, coconut milk and eggs.
- Add sugar to taste and beat well.
- Pour the dough into the pan and sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Place in a moderate oven (170ºC) and bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Remove, let cool slightly and unmold.
Cassava = Cassava = Macaxeira
1 kg of grated raw cassava = approximately 3 cups (tea).
The boiling water used is to remove excess gum from the cassava.
Approximate yield of 8 servings
Also check out the recipe for cassava cake with chocolate icing.