Sardines are cheap and very tasty.
Know that eating fish at least twice a week reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- 1 kg of clean sardines
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (lemon)
- Black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 2 cups wheat flour (tea)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups cassava flour (tea)
- Frying oil
- chopped parsley
- lemon to decorate
- Season the sardines with the lemon juice, pepper and salt.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes,
- Arrange each of the flours in a different small bowl and the beaten eggs in another small bowl.
- Pass the sardines in the wheat flour, then in the beaten egg and finally in the cassava flour.
- Fry in hot oil, drain on paper towels and place on a platter.
- Sprinkle with the green smell.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Approximate yield of 4 servings.
For breading, you can use other flours. Try mixing breadcrumbs or cornmeal with wheat flour.
See also savory sardine cake.