Video 1 of 2
With the show Tous en Cuisine, a special Holiday Menus, viewers have no shortage of ideas for Christmas meals. Recently, a recipe caught our attention. We know that shrimp are one of the must-have products at the end of the year. But instead of enjoying them with just a little cocktail sauce, Cyril Lignac offered his version to enhance them in tempura, all in a sandwich. We’re salivating in advance! And to prepare your menu without stress, find all our Christmas recipe ideas on our dedicated page!
On the menu today: mini tempura shrimp sandwiches, avocado and chili sauce! A starter by Cyril Lignac that is easy to make and only requires 15 minutes of preparation. So we may have found the perfect recipe for the starter of your Christmas meal. Don’t miss it. Here’s how to do it.
For the recipe you will need:
- 9 raw peeled shrimp
- 100g of flour
- 2 eggs
- 100 g panko or bread crumbs
- 6 leaves of romaine lettuce
- A few chopped coriander leaves
- 6 slices of crustless sandwich bread, 1 cm thick
- 2 avocados, peeled and then pureed with a fork
- 1 lime
- Neutral oil
For the spicy mayonnaise, you will need:
- 3 tablespoons of homemade mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet and sour sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
View this post on Instagram
- Start by pricking the shrimp from the head before rolling them in flour then in beaten eggs and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Heat a pan of oil to 180°C to fry the shrimp.
- Meanwhile, cut the salad leaves into thin strips and reserve them in a salad bowl with the chopped coriander. Once the shrimp are golden brown, drain them on a plate covered with absorbent paper.
- Prepare the mayonnaise by mixing all the ingredients for this sauce together.
- Remove the thorns from the shrimp. Place the bread slices on a cutting board. On 3 slices, put the avocado puree and salad. Chop the shrimp and roll them in the spicy mayonnaise. Place the shrimp pieces on the slices and the salad.
- Finally, to finish, place the last slices of bread topped with avocado puree, avocado side down on the shrimp. Press lightly to bind everything together and trim the edges.
- Cut the slices into 3 parts and place them in a dish with a lime wedge.
All you have to do is taste. Enjoy your food !