Beautiful and tasty cookies for your Christmas or to sell and earn extra income. At the end of the recipe there are tips for other suggestions for Christmas cookies. Check out!
- 100 grams of butter
- 1 cup (tea) brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 2 cups wheat flour (tea)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (powdered)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 clara
- ½ cup icing sugar (confectioners)
- food coloring to taste
- In a small pan, place the butter, sugar and honey and heat over low heat until you get a syrup.
- In a bowl, sift the wheat flour, ginger and bicarbonate.
- Mix well and add the melted syrup and the egg.
- Stir until you get a uniform dough and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of half a centimeter.
- Cut the dough into the shape you want. Place the cookies on greased and floured baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. When cool, remove from molds and set aside.
Glaze Preparation Method
- In a mixer, beat the egg white until foamy.
- Add the sugar little by little, stirring to obtain a cream that does not run.
- Reserve some of the frosting and tint the rest in the desired colors.
- Decorate the cookies with a toothpick or pastry bag.
- Store in a closed container.
To make it easier, use cookie cutters in various formats
Approximate yield of 30 units.
See also Christmas cookies and decorated cookies for Christmas.