Video 1 of 2
This pumpkin and feta pasta recipe is an autumnal variation of the now famous baked feta pasta that we especially know with cherry tomatoes. This recipe is ideal for easily feeding the whole family because it is simple and quick to prepare. It requires little preparation.
With its creamy texture, this recipe will help you make children or those who don’t really like vegetables love squash. Pumpkin, pumpkin, butternut squash, butternut go wonderfully with the taste of feta. Pumpkin has a very delicate taste with notes of chestnuts and hazelnuts. Butternut is sweeter and has a buttery flavor which gave it its name. It’s up to you to choose according to your preferences.
For this recipe for 4 people, you need: a squash of your choice (butternut, pumpkin, etc.), a block of Greek feta, 250 g of penne pasta, 3 cloves of garlic, thyme, olive oil extra virgin olive, walnuts, Espelette pepper, freshly ground pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Peel and cut the squash into small pieces.
- Start by placing the whole block of feta in the middle of the baking tray. If broken, it will burn too quickly and risk spoiling the sauce. Spread the squash pieces all around.
- Crush the garlic cloves and add them to the dish.
- Sprinkle with thyme and a good drizzle of olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes until the pumpkin is cooked and the feta has softened
- When there are 10 minutes left in the oven, start cooking the pasta in water. Don’t forget to keep a little cooking water for the rest of the recipe.
- Take out the baking dish and carefully peel the garlic cloves from their skins. Using a fork, crush the garlic cloves in the same baking tray. Always break up the feta with a fork and add it to the mixture.
- Add the pasta with a little cooking water and mix everything to create a nice creamy sauce. If it is too thick, add more cooking water.
- Finish by sprinkling the dish with a little Espelette pepper and freshly ground pepper.
It’s ready to be enjoyed. Enjoy your food !