For lovers of homemade pâtés, learn how to make two very tasty pâtés. Easy and delicious! Much appreciated as a starter or in informal meetings. Check out the recipe tips!
- 1 kg of pork liver
- 300 grams of lean pork
- 700 grams of smoked bacon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 onions
- 1 branch of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of powdered seasoning
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Very thin strips of pork bacon
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 sheets of gelatin
- 1 cup (tea) meat broth
- Using the grinding machine, grind the liver, pork, smoked bacon, garlic, onions, thyme, seasoning powder, potato starch, pepper and salt, passing through the grinding machine twice .
- Rinse the bacon strips in hot water and drain.
- Line the bottom and sides of a deep refractory pan with it.
- Pour the ground meat with the seasonings over it, pressing and adding the bay leaves.
- Smooth the surface well and bake until it acquires a golden color and the edges are very firm.
- Leave to cool with a weight on top.
- Soften the gelatin in a little cold water, drain and then dissolve in the hot meat broth.
- Remove the weight from the pâté once it has cooled down.
- Pour the broth with the dissolved gelatin over the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Serve as a starter and accompanied by pickled cucumbers and white bread toast.
This pâté will keep in the refrigerator, covered with aluminum foil, for a week.
Approximate yield of 10 servings.
See also the recipe for chicken liver pâté.