A very nutritious and popular snack is eggplant croquette. Try it! Excellent for enhancing your meal or informal meeting with friends.
- 6 eggplants, peeled and chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 3 boiled and mashed potatoes
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 ovo
- 4 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons of wheat flour
- Wheat flour for breading
- Frying oil
- In a pan, place the eggplant, salt, cover with water and cook for 20 minutes or until softened.
- Remove from heat, drain and let cool.
- Squeeze the eggplant with your hands to remove all the water.
- Place in a bowl, add the potato, cheese, nutmeg, parsley, salt, pepper and mix until combined.
- Add the egg, breadcrumbs, wheat flour and knead until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Make the croquettes, coat in wheat flour and fry in hot oil until golden.
- Drain on paper towel and serve.
Approximate yield of 25 units.
See also the recipe for special eggplant lasagna.