“A The disruption of communications and internet services in Gaza entered its eighth day and is the longest since the start of Israeli aggression in the Gaza Strip,” Palestinian news agency Wafa reported.
Last Friday, the two main Palestinian telephone and internet companies, Paltel and Oredoo, announced the total cessation of service in Gaza, given the intensity of the Israeli offensive.
“The main lines of telecommunications and internet companies have been repeatedly damaged, which has led to the cessation of all our services in the southern and central Gaza Strip,” Oredoo, whose service is still partially operational in the Gaza Strip, said last week. north.
However, the vice-chairman of the board of directors of the Communications Regulatory Authority, Ihab Sobeih, stated that the lines “are completely cut” in the center and south of the enclave.
Employees of the company Paltel, which provides services in the area, were unable to repair the damage to the facilities “due to the lack of safe roads and the difficulty of travel as a result of the destruction of the roads”.
Added to this is the shortage of replacement parts, added Ihab Sobeih.
The same official also said that “technical teams were exposed to direct attacks during work” and, last week, two workers were killed while carrying out repair work in the Khan Younis area.
This is the seventh time that communications have been cut in Gaza, while extensive material damage to telecommunications infrastructure and a lack of fuel have also led to “repeated interruptions and pressures on the network” in recent months.
This situation “increases the challenges faced by healthcare teams in providing services and reaching the injured as quickly as possible”.
Read Also: Israel. UN expert says Tel Aviv violated international law
All News. By the Minute.
Eighth consecutive year Consumer Choice for Online Press.
Download our free App.