Hmm… the smell of apples and vanilla in the air. Give family or friends a gift with this delicious sweet pie. Serve for tea or as a dessert and prepare for compliments.
- 2 cups (tea) of wheat flour
- ½ cup (tea) sugar
- ½ cup (tea) butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 ovo
- 200 grams of butter
- 1 and ½ cup (tea) sugar
- 2 kg of apple
- 1 lemon juice
- Vanile sugar
- Sift together the flour and sugar.
- Add the butter in pieces and mix with your fingertips until you get crumbs.
- Add the salt, egg and mix until you get a uniform dough.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
Filling preparation method
- Peel the apples, cut them into thin slices and spray with lemon juice. Reserve.
- In a round pan measuring 25 cm x 5 cm high, heat the butter until it starts to foam.
- Sprinkle a cup of sugar and place the apple slices there.
- Mix the remaining sugar with the vanile sugar and sprinkle over the apple slices.
- Cook over low heat until the sugar on the apple starts to brown.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of ½ cm.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Remove the mold with the apple from the heat and, without letting it cool, cover with the dough.
- Run the rolling pin around the edges of the pan to cut off any excess.
- Let the dough naturally cover the filling, without sticking to the edges of the pan.
- Make holes in the surface of the dough with the tip of a knife and bake until baked.
- After this time, cover with aluminum foil and leave for another 10 minutes in the oven.
To unmold easily: When removing from the oven, place the hot pan on a wet napkin. Place the mold on the stove for a few moments, long enough for the caramel to begin to melt. Unmold into a large ovenproof dish.
Lemon juice prevents the apple from oxidizing; getting dark.
Approximate yield of 8 servings.
Also check out the rustic apple pie recipe.